You have been charged with the job of installing and maintaining Ripple Effects behavior training programs; now what?
You may have extensive technical training; you may have very little. You may be a full-time technologist; you may be a part-time “draftee.” Either way, our Technology Guide will walk you through the steps and help you problem-solve. Parts of the guide are only for professional technologists. Other parts make it possible for program people to get Ripple Effects up and running their own.
Regardless of your expertise or background, you probably have more responsibilities than you have time to fulfill them. Thus, efficiency is really important. Please let us know if there are issues we have not covered in the guide, or where explanations are unclear. Ripple Effects is committed to doing whatever is necessary to make our programs work for you. If you run into a problem that is not included here, or if the suggested solution is not working for you, please contact us immediately so we can help you solve it effectively. The more information you have about the technical details of your system, the faster we’ll be able to help solve the problem. We truly appreciate your efforts to get Ripple Effects up and running for your kids, teens, and staff. For more personalized problem-solving, please call, toll-free: 888.259.6618 (8:00am-5pm PST) or email email@example.com
Online previews are designed to be run on Chromebooks or in the Chrome browser on Mac or Windows. If you’re having trouble connecting to a preview program online, most likely it’s because the internet connection is behind a firewall. Here’s a list of domains that need to be whitelisted:
Program system requirements
Ripple Effects has PC/Mac, Windows tablet, and iPad applications, as well as Chromebook versions. Apps are installed directly on Mac or Windows through download links or DVD, or on iPads from the App Store. The online versions runs in the Chrome browser. For Chromebooks or the Chrome browser, the application program and student usage data are both cloud based and either Ripple Effects or the client organization provide the web hosting, at the client organization’s option.
The device must have enough space on the hard drive, play sound, and play video. This means:
- Windows 7 and above
- 33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
- MAC OS X 10.7 and higher
- 512MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Ripple Effects For Teens (all editions): 2.5 GB
- Ripple Effects For Kids: 1.2 GB
- Ripple Effects For Staff: 2.1 GB
- Ripple Effects Screen for Strengths: 85 MB
- Ripple Effects Data Manager: 55 MB Windows/85 MB Mac
- Generation 2 or higher. iOS 6.2 or higher
- Ripple Effects For Teens (all editions): 2 GB
- Ripple Effects for Kids: 1 GB
- Ripple Effects for Staff: 2 GB
- Screen for Strengths: 40 MB
- Bouncy’s You Can Learn: 522 MB
- Bouncy’s Teacher Edition: 602 MB
- Bouncy’s School Edition: 602 MB
- Bouncy’s Howmuch-ometer: 24 MB
Chromebook or Chrome Browser
Chromebook purchased after June, 2014, Chrome browser version 46.0.2 or later.
Program sizes on the web host
- Ripple Effects For Teens (all editions): 1.9 GB
- Ripple Effects For Kids: 1 GB
- Ripple Effects For Staff: 1.7 GB
- Ripple Effects Screen for Strengths: 20 MB
- Ripple Effects Data Manager: 2 MB
Contact Ripple Effects about requirements for Android.